Thursday, December 31

The Happy Bathroom

Before my connecting flight home I popped in one of Charlotte's Airport bathrooms. This bathroom had an attendant. Usually bathroom attendants that I encounter are very sullen and sit in their chair gloomily. I don't blame them for being grumpy. I would be grumpy too. I think most people don't dream about being a bathroom attendant. But this attendant was a very happy lady. Her accent sounded islandish like somewhere in the Caribbean and she was singing a very jolly tune. She welcomed everyone as they entered the bathroom and she wished you a Happy New Year when you left. When I gave her my tip she was extremely thankful and showed it jovially.

It is simply amazing what a smile and a happy hum can do to brighten up one's stressful day of traveling. It just takes one person to spread a contagious smile to hundreds.

Give a stranger a smile to bring in the new year. Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/1/10 09:59

    I strongly agree, Elissa! That is why I try every day to help at least one person smile! Wonderful visit - we are so glad you shared Christmas with us! Love to all, Dad XXOOX

    ReplyDelete