Sunday, April 11

Unexpected Adventures

The trees have bloomed in Louisville and the wildflowers are everywhere.  To fully absorb all this beauty I went to Bernheim Research Forest on Friday morning.  My intention was to walk around on the trails then find a nice quiet spot to sit and draw Spring blooms.  On the trail that I was walking I encountered a woman who was so excited to see a rare wildflower that she had to show the first person to walk by.  She was a naturalist who volunteers at Bernheim.  And since I love to learn about plants I spent the next two hours walking with her while she pointed out all the different wild flowers and butterflies.  Some of the wildflowers were so small and hidden that I would not have seen them on my own.  I had a wonderful time.  I never did find a spot to draw, but I had a great unexpected adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/4/10 00:51

    Gorgeous photo!
    -Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13/4/10 09:03

    What a wonderful and unexpected happening, Elissa. Glad Spring has arrived. Love to all, Dad XOXOX

    ReplyDelete